Thursday, August 19, 2010

If I Were God, I'd End All the Pain, Pt 7 - Are All Your Questions Answered?

So, we've come to the end of reading Dickson's book, "If I Were God, I'd End All the Pain". How did you like the book? At the beginning of the book, Dickson put forward these questions:

"If I were God, I'd end all the pain, so why doesn't HE?
Is he powerless?
Is he not interested in us?
Or is he just plain not there?"

Now that you've read his book, has Dickson answered these questions? Or, more importantly, has this book prompted you to think more deeply about these issues and formulate your own response?

This book has certainly strengthened my own understanding about why God allows suffering in the world. I feel better equiped to be able to answer these questions if I'm asked. Having said that, it's not essential that we have all the answers. What's important is that we have an eagerness to keep asking questions and keep searching to understand God more. Let's encourage each other in growing in our knowledge and understanding of our Great God!

No comments:

Post a Comment